1. A little warmer today but don't break out the shorts just yet. Sunshine and a high of 24 degrees, dropping to 11 degrees overnight. Sunrise is 7:07 a.m., sunset is 4:55 p.m.
2. The Board of Education holds a regular meeting at 7 p.m. tonight at the Science and Technology Magnet High School. Agenda items include contracts with the New London Administrators’ Education Association and New London Education Association, the 2013-2014 school calendar, a retirement incentive, and an alteration of Nathan Hale School plans to replace a library media center with a dance studio and performance room.
3. The Public Library of New London holds a regular knitting circle on Thursdays. This begins at 10 a.m.
4. There are plenty of interesting scenes around New London, and we aren’t always able to get to every one of them. Check out New London Tube at 5 p.m. every Thursday to see my pick for what residents have shared on YouTube.
5. On this day in 1978, the Soviet satellite Cosmos 954 re-entered the Earth’s atmosphere and spread radioactive debris over Canadian territory as it broke up. The USSR later paid 3 million Canadian dollars in restitution for the incident.