1. The winter storm that's been looming around here for the past couple of days is on its way out today, although the National Weather Service has a winter weather advisory in effect until noon. Wind continues with snow transitioning to rain later on, with little accumulation expected. The temperature stays peaks at 38 degrees and falls to 29 degrees overnight. Sunrise is 6:11 a.m., sunset is 5:48 p.m. And don't forget that your clocks spring forward for Daylight Savings Time this weekend!
2. The Senior Center holds regular bingo games, including one today at 10 a.m. Anyone 55 or older is welcome to participate, as long as you have two quarters to add to the kitty.
3. Constant Waterman, a Stonington author and illustrator, is visiting the Monte Cristo Bookshop today as part of their regular author series. He’ll read from The Journals of Constant Waterman and Landmarks You Must Visit in Southeastern Connecticut at 7 p.m. this evening.
4. Want to check out a concert tonight, this weekend, or in the coming week? Check out The Sounds of New London, a roundup of everything from classical to punk rock that’s playing at the local venues. This posts at 5 p.m. on Fridays.
5. It’s the 50th anniversary of the Ba’ath Party’s rise to power in Syria. A military group seized power in the country with coup d’etat on this day in 1963.