1. Clouds linger with fog in the morning and rain likely in the evening. Sunrise is 7:03 a.m., sunset is 4:19 p.m. The high temperature reaches 49 degrees and dips to 41 degrees in the evening.
2. The annual Holiday Harps on the Hill concert returns to the Second Congregational Church at 2 p.m. today. This is a free event, but organizers are asking attendees to donate a non-perishable food item.
3. At the same time, the Coast Guard Band Chamber Players are putting on a “Winter Winds” program. This concert will take place at Leamy Hall on the campus of the Coast Guard Academy.
4. Did you take any photos or videos at the Celebration of Lights and Song last night? Add them to the Pics & Clips gallery.
5. Rube Foster, a baseball player who owned the Chicago American Giants for 15 years and founded the Negro National League in 1920, died on this day in 1930 at the age of 51.