1. The National Weather service says showers are likely today, and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a high near 74. South wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
2. opens its 13th season with a morning of festivities today. These kick off at 9 a.m. at .
3. begins its today. We’re looking forward to their performances in August!
4. Do you specialize in a certain subject? Start up a blog to share your expertise.
5. The diary of Anne Frank, the Dutch girl who spent two years with her family in hiding from the Nazis, was first published on this day in 1947.