1. A partly cloudy and frigid day today, with a high temperature of 28 degrees. And that's before you factor in the winds, which are at 20 to 30 miles per hour. The overnight low falls to 11 degrees. Sunrise is 7:08 a.m., sunset is 4:52 p.m.
2. The City Council is back tonight, starting with the Administration Committee at 5 p.m., Economic Development Committee at 5:45 p.m., and Finance Committee at 6 p.m. The main meeting starts at 7 p.m. at City Hall and the agenda includes an update on the proposal to have the Connecticut Department of Transportation assume management of SEAT, a proposed funds transfer to keep the New London Police Department within budget, and approval of several items that have been discussed in committee.
3. The Public Library of New London has a six-week yoga course hosted by Lu-Anne Cox. Anyone interested in attending should bring a yoga mat, water, and comfortable clothes to join this session in the Community Room at 6:30 p.m.
4. Get a look at New London’s history with eBay Tuesday, posting at 5 p.m. See what interesting bits of information are hidden within what used to be everyday items.
5. Ukraine celebrates Reunion Day today. This holiday celebrates the joining of West Ukraine and Greater Ukraine in a single independent republic in 1919. The independence was short-lived, as Ukraine was soon absorbed by the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics; the country declared its independence again in 1991.