1. Mostly cloudy in the morning, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 33. Breezy, with gusts as high as 41 mph. Temps will drop to a low of about 20 at night and it will be blustery.
2. If you’re looking to join a church, get a feel for what some of the ones here in New London are like. The ongoing series A Dollar in the Plate has been visiting one religious site in the city each month.
3. What do you think was the biggest story in New London this year? I’ll be doing a roundup of the most read articles and my own picks on the first two days of the year.
4. Interested in adopting a pet? The Pets of the Week take a look at the dogs, cats, and other creatures looking for forever homes at the Connecticut Humane Society. This posts at 5 p.m.
5. So what does one celebrate on the day before New Year’s Eve? If you’re in the Philippines, the answer is Rizal Day. This recognizes the day when Jose Rizal, a 35-year-old Philippine nationalist, was executed by a Spanish firing squad in 1896.