1. After the windy and wintry weather in the past few days, it's much nicer today with sunny clear skies and a high temperature of 43 degrees. A few clouds come in for the evening, when the temperature falls to 28 degrees. Sunrise is 6:10 a.m., sunset is 5:49 p.m. And don't forget that clocks spring forward at 2 a.m. on Sunday, so set your clocks ahead unless you're planning on staying up late.
2. Senator Chris Murphy visits New London today for a town hall meeting to discuss federal policy and hear concerns from residents. This starts at 1:30 p.m. at Science and Technology Magnet High School.
3. Interested in volunteering for Habitat for Humanity? There’s a mandatory training session before you can do so, but one of those is scheduled for this morning at 10 a.m. at the Habitat for Humanity of Southeastern Connecticut. Head to this event listing to learn more.
4. Is today a shopping day? Visit the Grocery Specials section to see where you can save a bit of money.
5. George Burns, a comedian best known for his trademark cigar and the radio and TV series he hosted with wife Gracie Allen, died on this day in 1996 at the age of 100.