1. Mostly cloudy in the morning with some dispersal in the afternoon, with a high temperature of 53 degrees. Sunrise is 6:45 a.m., sunset is 4:23 p.m.
2. Happy Thanksgiving! What’s open today? Not much, as I understand it. But if you’re looking for a meal—or want to help out with one—the Second Congregational Church is hosting a dinner from noon to 3 p.m.
3. And although this morning’s article has a few suggestions on what you can do for the holiday weekend, I’d be remiss if I didn’t highlight the historic New London vs. NFA football game today. The Whalers are at 7-2 and are trying to knock the undefeated Wildcats down a peg in the final game of the regular season. They have home field advantage for the 10 a.m. showdown.
4. What’s your Thanksgiving spread look like? Add a photo to the Pics and Clips section to give a glimpse of your feast.
5. The first trans-Pacific airmail flight took off from San Francisco on this day in 1935. The flying China Clipper arrived in Manila in the Philippines six days later.