1. Thar she blows! Cloudy and windy with a few showers in the afternoon and a high of 59. Winds out of the Northeast at 20 to 30 mph. As night falls, the wind will gust up to 50 mph and the chance of rain increases. Sunrise is at 7:16 a.m. and sunset is at 5:48 p.m.
2. Getting hitched? The wedding expo “Cherish the Moments” visits the Holiday Inn on Gov. Winthrop Blvd. today from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. with displays on everything from fashion to planning. Admission is $5.
3. The regular Sunday tours of the Connecticut College Arboretum end for the season today. If you want to know more about this bit of nature in northern New London, meet outside the Olin Science Center at 2 p.m.
4. A Dollar in the Plate, the monthly column profiling different churches in New London, won’t be running this month due to scheduling issues. The next profile will run in November.
5. Bill Gates, the founder of Microsoft, turns 57 today.