1. Another nice won, to start anyway. A sunny, partly cloudy warning is followed by increasing clouds and isolated showers or thunderstorms in the evening. Sunrise is 6:51 a.m., sunset is 6:21 p.m., and the high temperature gets to 74 degrees.
2. Patch is taking part in the Terri Brodeur Breast Cancer Foundation Walk Across Southeastern Connecticut! This team is heading out from Niantic for the quarter marathon starting at 1 p.m. Although we’ve met our goal of reaching $1,000 in fundraising, any donations will go toward breast cancer research and can still be made at this website.
3. The Celtic group Cherish The Ladies is taking the stage at Connecticut College’s Palmer Auditorium tonight, and proceeds will benefit New London art organizations. General admission is $28, while students get in for $14 and seniors for $25. The show starts at 8 p.m.
4. Have you posted an event or announcement on the New London Patch? It’s an easy way to keep people aware of accomplishments or other things going on.
5. The United States Naval War College was established on this day in 1884 in Newport, R.I.