1. You might want to crank up the humidifier today, as humidity hits 62 percent in the morning and 85 percent in the evening. None of it falls out of the sky just yet, as it remains a partly cloudy day with a high temperature of 78 degrees. Sunrise is 5:25 a.m., sunset is 8:23 p.m.
2. The Coast Guard barque Eagle has a change in command today. Capt. Eric Jones, who oversaw the training ship’s , will be relieved by Capt. Raymond “Wes” Pulver, who is currently the Coast Guard’s spokesman for Congress. Jones will become the assistant superintendent of the .
3. Some advice from on Friday: “The most important thing you will ever hear from us is to please watch your kids, especially near the water. Thanks to our lifeguards and other staff, we have been able to reunite many lost parents with their children this week. It can happen real fast so please watch those kids.”
4. While you’re keeping an eye on the kids, you can keep an eye on the movie screen as well. The beach’s movie series continues tonight with Megamind, airing at sunset. Parking is $5, and be sure to bring a beach blanket.
5. Wyoming turns 122 years old today. The territory was organized in 1869 and became the first place in the country to allow women to vote. This helped boost the number of votes needed for the territory to be admitted as a state, a distinction which happened in 1890.