1. Another scorcher today, with a high temperature reaching 86 degrees and a humidity level of 64 percent. Sunrise is 5:30 a.m., sunset is 8:18 p.m., and conditions are partly cloudy.
2. Interested in using the ’s new ? Make sure to preregister if you’d like to attend a training scheduled for 3 p.m. on Wednesday.
3. The sunset movie scheduled for tonight is Puss in Boots. Bring a beach blanket and $5 for parking.
4. Got a photo or video you’re proud of? Share it with readers here in the Pics & Clips gallery!
5. On this day in 1918, a U-boat torpedoed the RMS Carpathia off Ireland. Best known for rescuing the survivors of the Titanic after the luxury liner sank, the Carpathia went on to take part in convoy operations during World War I. There were 52 survivors in the attack, and five people were killed.