1. A more humid day today, with the humidity point reaching 84 percent against a 77 degree high temperature. A partly cloudy day will give way to more wind and a good chance of scattered thunderstorms in the evening. Sunrise is 6:22 a.m., sunset is 7:09 p.m.
2. A TEDx event takes place today at from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The discussion on community building will focus on topics such as the arts, co-ops, visions for the community, and military residents. Bring something for a potluck lunch to get in for $25; otherwise admission is $35.
3. at the wrap up today. Visit the site to learn more about its history and enjoy some refreshments between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
4. A fashion boutique briefly appeared on State Street last year but has since departed. What do you think should take its place? Let us know in today’s Fill The Spot, a feature posting every Saturday at noon.
5. The first German V-2 rocket struck England on this day in 1944. The rocket exploded in the Chiswick area of London, killing three people.