1. The sun returns today, although there might be some clouds here and there. The high temperature reaches 70 degrees. Sunrise is 6:45 a.m., sunset is 6:29 a.m.
2. The City Council meets at 7 p.m. at City Hall tonight. The agenda includes a request for daytime parking restrictions in the Fort Trumbull area, an operational audit, licensing for the Parade Plaza skating rink, and an executive session with school officials to discuss upcoming teacher negotiations. The Finance Committee meets at 6 p.m., and the agenda includes appropriations for the rehabilitation of the GAM building at Ocean Beach Park and a marine sewage disposal facility.
3. The Senior Center has semi-regular bingo games. Any New London residents age 55 or older can put down 50 cents and participate. The game starts at 10 a.m.
4. Have an accomplishment you want to share? Head on over to the announcements page to post it there.
5. William E. Boeing was born on this day in 1881. Boeing initially entered the lumber industry in Washington State before founding the Boeing Airplane Company. He died in 1956 at the age of 74.