1. The weather remains in a holding pattern with another partly cloudy day and high temperature fo 54 degrees. Sunrise is 6:47 a.m., sunset is 4:23 p.m.
2. Now that everyone’s good and stuffed and has slept off the tryptophan, it’s time to get back to a more normal schedule. Most shops are reopening today for Black Friday shopping, and the Rink at Parade Plaza resumes skating hours from noon to 8 p.m.
3. Of course, this is also still a holiday so don’t expect to visit any city offices, banks, or other federal, state, or local government services.
4. Need some more things to make up some dishes with the Thanksgiving leftovers? Check out the Grocery Specials section to see what’s on sale in the area.
5. Our namesake? Not quite, but it still caught my eye. Alexander M. Patch Jr., an Army general best known for his work in offensive operations at Guadalcanal during World War II, was born on this day in 1889. He died in 1945 at the age of 65.