1. Some clouds linger in the morning before the sun returns, and the forecast calls for some break in the heat with humidity still up around 68 percent. Sunrise is 5:16 a.m., sunset is 8:25 p.m.
2. is again recognizing the War of 1812 bicentennial exhibition is is launching for . Find out more about "The Rockets' Red Glare" from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
3. began its run of William Shakespeare’s on Friday, and it continues through the weekend. The performance begins at 7 p.m. at the Arboretum; tickets are $15, or $12 for students and seniors.
4. The latter organization added the show's entire run to the events calendar. This is extremely easy to do. Just go to the events page, click “Add an Event,” and fill out the information about an upcoming activity!
5. It’s the 95th anniversary of an “unofficial no-hitter” by the Boston Red Sox. On this day in 1917, pitcher Ernie Shore retired 26 Washington Senators batters in a row after filling in for Babe Ruth, who was thrown out of the game after getting into an argument with the umpire over a called walk.