1. Another break in the cold today, with temperatures peaking at 36 degrees during the day and dropping to 26 degrees overnight. A few clouds come through, but it's mostly sunny and clear. Sunrise is 7:15 a.m., sunset is 4:33 p.m.
2. Buscetto’s Bash on the Beach returns to Port N Starboard for its sixth year tonight. The event starts at 6 p.m. and has a $10 suggested donation. Proceeds from the evening—which includes silent auctions, music, food, and more—will benefit non-profit organizations in New London and Waterford.
3. The Jewish Federation of Eastern Connecticut is starting its Institute for Adult Jewish Studies on Sunday afternoon. The cost for the full course, which includes the concluding meal, is $25 or $20 for people over the age of 65. To register and get more information, contact 860-442-8062 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Need to get some shopping done? See the Grocery Specials sections to get information on deals in the area.
5. Samuel Huntington, a Connecticut delegate to the Continental Congress and signer of the Declaration of Independence, died on this day in 1796 at the age of 64. Huntington, who was born in Windham and later moved to Norwich, was governor of Connecticut at the time of his death.