1. Mostly cloudy today but you may see the sun peek through between sunrise at 6:44 a.m. and sunset at 6:31 p.m. The high temperature reaches 67 degrees.
2. The third annual Best BBQ Chef Competition returns to Waterfront Park today from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Watch the cooks in action, check out some food demonstrations and live entertainment, and check out the replica War of 1812 privateer Lynx.
3. It’s the second day for the Custom House Maritime Museum’s tag sale. This runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
4. Fay Abrahamsson, the editor of the Clinton Patch, shares a recipe for her father’s Bundt cake today. This will go up on the site at 2 p.m.
5. The Berlin Airlift ended on this day in 1949 after nine months of supply flights to the German capital. The airlift began in response to a Soviet blockade of routes into the city, which was located in the Soviet zone but occupied by both Western and Soviet forces. The Soviets lifted the blockade after the flights proved capable of sustaining the Western zone.