1. Windy and snowy today, with winds of 25 to 40 miles per hour with gusts occasionally getting up to 50 miles per hour. Precipitation tapers into snow showers in the afternoon and partly cloudy skies in the evening. The high temperature for the day is 24 degrees, falling to 12 degrees overnight. Sunrise is 6:51 a.m., sunset is 5:15 p.m.
2. It looks like the closing act of Hygienic XXXIV is still on for tonight. The Rock Lobster Band-O-Matic, featuring newly formed bands of randomly paired musicians, takes the stage at the Oasis Pub at 10 p.m.
3. Do you know of any closings or cancellations happening as a result of the storm? Add them to this article on storm updates.
4. It’s always good to see photos and videos of stormy scenes from around New London. If you have any, share them in the Pics & Clips gallery.
5. It’s the 68th anniversary of the first case of a submerged submarine sinking another submerged submarine. The British submarine HMS Venturer torpedoed the U-864 in the North Sea as the latter attempted “Operation Caesar” to bring German scientists to Japan.