1. We're not done with winter just yet. The forecast calls for a cold, mostly cloudy day with a temperature between 31 and 36 degrees and light snow in the evening transitioning to an overnight wintry mix. Sunrise is 6:55 a.m., sunset is 6:59 p.m.
2. Another early start to municipal meetings at City Hall tonight, as the Public Welfare Committee kicks off at 5 p.m. to allocated CDBG funds and a 5:45 p.m. Finance Committee meeting on a proposal to audit the 2013 fiscal year’s third quarter finances. The City Council starts with a special meeting at 6 p.m. for a presentation from Barun Basu on a Connecticut Trust Grant and downtown building study. The regular 7 p.m. meeting includes discussion of appointments to the Police-Community Relations Committee as well as the Water and Water Pollution Control Authority as well as an executive session to discuss pending litigation and firefighters’ union collective bargaining.
3. The Drunken Palette tries out a new venue tonight when the art studio holds an “Art in a Pub” class in Hanafin’s Irish Pub. All supplies to create a piece are provided for a fee of $30. The class starts at 6 p.m.
4. Want to keep up with the real estate news of New London? There’s a tab at the top of the page for that, or you can head directly to the section by clicking here.
5. It’s the 100th anniversary of the assassination of King George I of Greece. George was the monarch for just short of 50 years before he was shot and killed by an assailant in Salonika during the First Balkan War.