1. Possible morning showers give way to a clear, sunny day with a high temperature of 71 degrees today. Sunrise is 5:15 a.m., sunset is 8:21 p.m.
2. The Arboretum is more than just that pleasant walk around the central pond. Public tours run all summer long on Sundays, starting at 2 p.m. Meet in front of the Olin Science Center.
3. Sunday always offers a few chances to get a drink and some tunes. At , Craig “Honeyboy” Edwards and Friends play a folk set from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. For the under 21 crowd, Sunny Morning La La plays some family music at 10:30 a.m. at .
4. Want to announce something? Go right ahead! Head to the announcements page and click on “Add An Announcement” to fill one out. Send me the link and I might even be able to feature it on the home page.
5. James Earl Ray, the assassin of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., was one of a number of prisoners who escaped from a Tennessee prison on this day in 1977. Ray was recaptured two days later.