1. The National Weather Service forecasts "A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 68. Chance of precipitation is 30%."
2. Animal Embassy brings some nighttime animals to the today. These critters visit the children’s room at 10:30 a.m.
3. Stop by the today between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. for the Field of Greens Farmers Market. Local farmers and crafters and perhaps a musician or two will be there to give you a little nourishment.
4. is on hiatus this week while I’m on vacation. Check in next Friday at 5 p.m. when the roundup of upcoming musical performances returns.
5. Henry Clay, who you may remember as popping up at seemingly every juncture in antebellum United States history, died on this day in 1852. Clay spent most of his time in the Senate and House of Representatives, was part of a group negotiating peace in the War of 1812, and thrice ran unsuccessfully for President.