1. Don't be fooled by the sunlight; it's another cold one today, with a high temperature of 20 degrees and an overnight low of nine degrees. Sunrise is 7:07 a.m., sunset is 4:54 p.m.
2. The Senior Center hosts an exercise class today for residents ages 55 and up. For $15 (or $20 if you don’t live in New London) you can attend 20 classes. This starts at 9 a.m. and continues at this time each Wednesday.
3. New London Parent Advocates brings in a couple of speakers tonight to hold a presentation on the impact of education reform on the New London Public Schools. Sandy Grande, chair of the Education Department at Connecticut College, and Lauren Anderson, a visiting professor of education at the school, discuss the issue at 7 p.m. tonight at the Senior Center.
4. Want to post your own events? As long as you’re a user on the site, you can head over to the calendar and click “Add an Event” to let people know what’s going on.
5. Robert Parris Moses, a civil rights activist who in 1982 founded the Algebra Project to improve minority education in mathematics, turns 78 today.