1. What's that strange orb in the sky? The forecast calls for a sunny day, although chilly autumn temperatures win out and it only gets up to 60 degrees. Sunrise is 6:56 a.m., sunset is 6:13 p.m.
2. The Board of Education holds a workshop this evening at 7 p.m. at the Science and Technology Magnet High School. The board will be developing their vision and strategic plan for the future of the New London Public Schools and reviewing the current performance of the schools. A section for public comment will follow.
3. Interested in joining a local civic organization? Just clear some time on Thursday. The New London Rotary Club meets at 7 a.m. at Muddy Waters each week and again at 12:15 p.m. at the Holiday Inn on Gov. Winthrop Blvd., while the Kiwanis Club has a noon meeting at the Clarke Center at Mitchell College.
4. Interested in tracking what’s selling and who’s buying in New London? The past week in property transactions goes up every Thursday at 1 p.m. with Sold!
5. Saturday Night Live turns 37 today. The late-night sketch comedy show premiered on NBC today in 1975. The first host was comedian George Carlin while Janis Ian and Billy Preston were the musical performers.