Join us for Open House Day on Saturday, June 9th! More than 175 Connecticut destinations from across the state are offering Connecticut residents discounted or free admission, free gifts or special exhibits and activities!
Open House Day is a great opportunity to not only go back to your favorite CT spots, but to also discover new destinations you may have never had a chance to check out before.
See below for activities in New London County and click here (http://bit.ly/IqQ86k) for the official Facebook invite!
Local Activities in New London County
- Florence Griswold Museum, Old Lyme - Free entry to museum from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., plus special access to GardenFest activities, including “Blooms with a View” (15 stunning floral arrangements that interpret works of art) and “Pleasure Gardens: A Miniature Maharaja Place” (a miniature fantasy creation based on several maharaja palaces in India).
- Lebanon Historical Society Museum, Lebanon – From 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. enjoy demonstrations of traditional crafts, Model-T rides, farm animals, and hands-on activities.
- Meiklem Kiln Works & Centerspace Wellness Studio, Bozrah - From 9 a.m. until 5 p.m., there will be ongoing studio tours, pottery demonstrations and visit the gift shop. Half price off yoga classes at 9 a.m.
- Ebenezer Avery House, Groton – From noon. until 4 p.m., join Joseph Potter, a Colonial American magician, as he provides educational magical entertainment; along with guided tours.
- Governor Jonathan Trumbull War Office, Lebanon – From noon until 4 p.m., visitors who leave their email addresses receive free membership in Connecticut Sons of the American Revolution (SAR) Museum Patrons.
- Jonathan Trumbull Jr. House Museum, Lebanon – Free admission from noon until 4 p.m. with Colonial craft demonstrations, special visitor will be a mounted cavalryman, portraying a French Army hussar, renowned for their elegant dress. Refreshments available.
- Mashantucket Pequot Museum and Research Center, Mashantucket – Open from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Visitors receive half price off regular admission with a valid Connecticut ID.
- Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center, Mystic – Free admission from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m., with drop-in on pond dipping program from noon until 2 p.m.
- Studio Jeffrey P’an, Mystic – Open from 10 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. Visitors receive a 10 percent discount on any purchase.
- Custom House Maritime Museum, New London – Free admission from 1 p.m. until 5 p.m.
- Fort Trumbull State Park, New London - Free admission from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m., along with musical entertainment from 1 p.m. until 3 p.m.
- Hempstead Houses, New London – Free admission from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m.
- Lyman Allyn Art Museum, New London – Free admission from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Monte Cristo Cottage, New London – Free admission from noon until 4 p.m., to the boyhood home of Nobel Prize-winning playwright Eugene O’Neill.
- Leffingwell House Museum, Norwich – Complimentary tours of the Colonial house from noon until 4 p.m. , leaving hourly. Also available are walking tours of the dooryard and community gardens and of Norwichtown.
- Slater Memorial Museum, Norwich – Free admission from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m.
- MucCulloch Farm, Old Lyme – Historic farm and private breeder of Morgan horses will be open to visitors from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Open barn with three new foals and“Horse and Buggy” tack and tag sale.
- Studio 80 & Sculpture Grounds, Old Lyme – From 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. meet the sculptor and take a complimentary tour of the grounds.
- Dalice Elizabeth Winery, Preston – Winery open from noon until 5 p.m. Buy one and get one tasting free with this listing.
- Denison Homestead Museum, Mystic - Free admission from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Homestead at Maples Farm Park, Bozrah -- Free admission from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. with a fine art show featuring local artists.
- Dalice Elizabeth Winery, Preston -- Winery open from noon until 5 p.m. Buy one and get one tasting free with this listing.
- Southwind Farms, Watertown – Free admission to one of Connecticut’s largest alpaca farms from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Karen Rossi Studios, Norfolk – Free kids craft projects including rock painting, stick sculpture, and art from nature. Open studio from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m.
- Sharon Audubon Center, Sharon – Free admission for the Center’s building from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Birdwalk at 8 a.m., registration recommended but not necessary. Trails open from dawn until dusk.
- New England Ballet Company, Orange – Open classes for all ages including Ballet, Jazz, Tap and Zumba from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Along with studio performance of Peter and the Wolf and meet the company dancers.
- Hentry Whitfield Museum, Guilford – Free admission from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. “Puritans at Play,” all ages are invited to participate in games from the 17th century.
- Quassy Amusement Park, Middlebury – One free all-day ride pass for the first 12 cars that request it through the Connecticut Open House Day. Park open from 11 a.m. until 10 p.m. with special entertainment at the Carousel Theatre.
- Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo, Bridgeport – Free admission for the first 100 visitors from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Maritime Aquarium, Norwalk – From 10 a.m. until 6 p.m., visitors will receive $2 off the Aquarium’s Adventure Pass; admission to the Aquarium and IMAX movie
- Mark Twain House and Museum , Hartford – Free family activities for Tom Sawyer Day and discount admission for Mark Twain House tours
- Lake Compounce Family Theme Park, Bristol - From 4 p.m. until 8 p.m. admission is reduced to $10 (plus tax). Park is open from 11 a.m. until 8 p.m.
- Chester/Hadlyme Ferry, Chester – From 10:30 a.m. until 5 p.m., visitors can ride for free aboard Selden III, the second oldest continuously operating ferry service in the state, which crosses the scenic Connecticut River near Gillette Castle State Park
- Connecticut River Expeditions, Haddam – RiverQuest will be offering a special reduced admission with the 60-minute Gillette Castle Viewing Cruise on the Connecticut River. Cruises depart at 10 a.m., 11:15 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 1:45 p.m. Reduced admission is $5 per person
- Tanger Outlet Center, Westbrook – Open House Day customers will receive a free $5 coupon book by showing a valid Connecticut ID. Stores open from 10 a.m. until 9 p.m.